Monday, January 11, 2010

Of the World

God, you said be in the world not of it

Yet I am of the world God

So much so I cannot distinguish myself from the world

It’s as if I am more part of the world than of You

God how can I not be of the world when I am surrounded by it?

How can I not be a part of that which I am in

Can a hand exist within the body apart from it?

Can a wall support a house yet not be in it?

God I know that all things are possible with You

I know that with You I can do anything

Lord, help me to be the man You have called me to be

Help me exist apart from the world

Today I am a man of the world

Tomorrow with God I can be a man of God

Lord, I would be nothing without You

The man You are helping me become would not exist without You

God, please use me to show others who You are

I want to be a part of sharing Your love with Your people

Thank You God, for loving me

For giving value to that which had none

No comments:

Post a Comment