Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Heart Longs for You

My heart longs for You, oh God,

But my mind denies Your existence.

Each day I desire more to seek Your presence,

Yet I find myself running from You.

My heart is filled with a desire to serve You,

But my actions depress Your love.

God the turmoil within me is sickening beyond compare,

I feel as if I am inside out.

I long to follow Your will ,

To glorify You with my life.

The great controversy has become so real to me,

The things that I cannot see are the strongest against me;

Others seem to think I am close to You,

Yet I feel as though I am worlds away.

I know that you are always with me,

You will never leave my side,

Then how does it seem I am always leaving You,

Turning from you will.

God help me to fight this evil within,

So that I may truly live for You.

You have created me with this desire for You,

You have filled me with Your love;

My love is not committed,

Sin has turned me from You.

God I need You,

Help me seek You more!

I want to know Your face,

I desperately want to follow Your will.

Help me to find You, oh God,

Show me how to love You.

I am tired of giving in to sin,

This path is destroying me inside.

Please God help me to know you,

Help me to seek your love.

Show me how to turn from sin,

To live my life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment